Welcome to our website !

Early Anniversary Love

By 08:05 , , , , , , ,

This weekend Jonathan and I were able to get away for what could be our last night alone in a very very very long time. Our anniversary isn't until the 27th, but who know's when this baby is coming, so we played it safe and went early. We checked in to the Fairmont Pacific Rim and had a cocktail in the lounge while we waited for our room to be ready.
 My $8 non alcoholic "Southern Peach" cocktail. Only cuz we were celebrating would I ever spend $8 on a non alcoholic beverage.
Then we headed up to the most luxurious room ever!
 The most comfortable beds we've ever slept in, it was honestly like sleeping on a cloud (a cloud that you had to wake up 4 times in the night from to go pee). I was so in love I lifted up the sheets to find out who made the mattress so we could buy one some day. Sealy Stearns and Foster Luxury Beds, one day we will meet again.
 Harbour View room of Canada Place.
Ok, these bathrooms were incredible: A huge deep soaker tub, a big shower with a rainfall shower head above your head, as well as one coming out of the wall, marble everywhere, and a TV in the mirror, HEAVENLY.

Then we headed out to our friends Mexican restaurant on Robson, Don Guacamole's. We freakin love everything Mexico. So we were pumped to go here for our anniversary dinner. Rightfully so, Don Guacamole's is famous for their guacamole. So chucky, so flavorful, SO DELICIOUS. 
Who doesn't love drinking guacamole from a martini glass?


 We were absolutely stuffed. I had my favorite, tortilla soup! I probably ate a total of 3 avocado's to myself that meal, but it was soooo worth it!
By the end of dinner, my lower back had been aching for a good hour or more, and I was also feeling crampy. I was starting to wonder if this was the beginning of "early labor". We really really really didn't want to have the baby that night. It would have sucked to have just checked in, and then have to check out a few hours later. So we went shopping. 
Then we went back to the hotel and sunggled on our cloud 9 beds, and finally all my aching subsided. 

 We headed out rather early so we could make it back to White Rock in time for church, so we ended our luxury anniversary celebration at the classy Denny's on Broadway! haha
Now I have always been a huge fan of "Moons over my hammy", I rave about it every time we are there, so Jono tried it for the first time in the 7 years we've been together. Does he look impressed?? I think so.

Thank you Jonathan for making the last 7 years of my life the best, and I'm so happy we got to have fun hanging out just the two of us one last time! 



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So fun Garc!!! The Pacific Rim is one of our faves too! :)

    Happy Anniversary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Congrats Garcy. It looks like you had a great last "hurrah" before baby comes. Its important to do that. The hotel looks amazing!!! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete