Welcome to our website !

Home Birth Decided

By 22:01

"To my bed, or hospital bed? That is the question!"
I gave birth to my 1st daughter in the hospital, and as far as labor and delivery goes, things went smoothly. I arrived at the hospital at 3:30pm, my midwife broke my water at 4:30pm, Vienna was born at 6:15pm, and we were gone the next morning. Not knowing how my body would do during labor and delivery made me happy to be in the hospital and close to anything that may be needed in case of emergency. However, having done it successfully and complication free, there are some things about the hospital I could do without. One being the cold, stark, and poorly lit rooms. Two being the uncomfortable beds for both myself and your significant other to sleep overnight on. Three being the ever-so-bland hospital food. And four, you are a "guest" at the hospital, and must do things according to the hospital's clock. We couldn't wait to get out of there! Which lead to discussions of the possibility of having a home birth this second time around.


So I just returned from a home birthing info session at my midwifery clinic, and I must say I am more excited than ever to give birth to this new baby in the comforts of our own home. With the hospital literally being just around the corner, I am not worried about having to transport in case of any emergencies. We have all the amenities the hospital and more! No Salisbury steak dinner, no waiting for nurses, no freaky drive home from the hospital with a newborn. I just can't wait! Well I'll have to, its at least another 13 weeks away!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. good luck Garcy! you are brave! I don't think this is an option for me as Jayla's birth had many complications and ended in emergency c-section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *It's official! You're a Blogger*

    ReplyDelete